Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Best Motorcycle


Many motorcyclist and would be riders have often asked what is the best motorcycle for me? Well the decision often varies from person to person. People often see an image or brand and think its right for them. Others consider reliability, practicality, price, mpg and performance.

The key factor in determining which style of motorcycle is right for you, is to ask what type of riding you do or want to do. I personally have taken every opportunity I can to ride different styles of motorcycles and roads. I've gotten to ride many great bikes, some including hardtail choppers, supermotards, standards, naked sport bikes, supersports, customs, touring, large, small and middleweight cruisers. I can honestly say I enjoyed riding all of them. But...............

I have found that I like too many styles of bikes, I currently own 3. A customized middleweight cruiser, a standard/naked sport bike, and a hardtail custom/chopper/rat I'm building and riding . What is the bike that gets the most mileage put on it? The naked sport bike/standard. What model is this you may be asking your self?

The Suzuki SV650. Quite possibly the best buy in all of motorcycling, its fast, handles great, comfortable, reliable, gets good gas mileage, and is dirt cheap. Hang with the supersports in twisty bits and relax with the cruisers on the straights or hammer the throttle and drag race your freinds on their much pricier Ducati monsters and Aprilla shivers, watch their jaws drop as you either beat them or keep up on a bike that cost thousands less. Throw on a luggage rack, some soft bags and go sport touring. Ride it to work everyday or customize it into your own masterpiece. Its easy to ride and is great for beginners or experienced riders alike. The sv650 truly is a do it all bike

2 comments:

  1. I think you what you said about taking every opportunity to ride different bikes in a variety of situations is right on the money. This is an excellent way to narrow down the long list of choices that there are for motorcycles. I have ridden several bikes through the years and currently own a cruiser bike, although I suffer from the same affliction that you do...I love too many types of motorcycles. I even want a diesel motorcyle that I recently found online! I have ridden the Suzuki SV650 and I have to agree with you that it is a great bike and especially for the price!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm another big fan of the SV650. Matter of fact, you rode mine back to Frankfort for me. :)

    What's up Skinnye?

    ReplyDelete